Monday, 9 July 2012

22 days to go

Last Saturday July 7th  I resisted the urge to stay in bed...... rose very early and literally brushed the ice from the car on what turned out to be the coldest night/morning in Melbourne for about 4 years (I estimate it was about -1 in Box Hill) and travelled to the 1000 steps.    Backpack on and slowly regaining feeling in my hands I commenced what would be my PB for the steps, completing 6 circuits up/down the stairs!    I can tell you I could well and truly feel all parts of my body at the completion of this session!!!

Some facts on the Mount Kilimanjaro climb.......

Duration:                     7 days

Walking distance:       67 kms

Starting elevation:      Approximately 1950 m

Summit:                 5895 m/19340 ft 

The Summit attempt commences at about 11.30 pm from an elevation of approx 4700 m to Uhuru Peak (5895 m) and then descends to our overnight camp (3700 m/12200 ft)                                      Walking distance: 5 km ascent + 15 km descent Walking time: @ 16 hours ....and then hiking another 20 kms the following day before finishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment