Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Dear friends,

Unfortunately I have make an early call and cancel the proposed Rock & Roll fundraiser night (scheduled for this Sat 19/5/12) I sincerely hope this does not cause you too much inconvenience and thank you to everyone who offered their support.  

 However, I am extremely humbled and pleased to say that so far with the support of generous friends, colleagues, donations/sponsorships and online donations I have been able to raise $9000.00

 I have just under 6 weeks left to reach my minimum goal of an overall target of $10,000 supporting Amnesty’s important mission to disclose human rights abuses.  

 With only 76 days before I depart Australia to commence the daunting challenge of ascending 5,895m/19,341 ft up Mount Kilimanjaro I am thrilled to say I am now more than ever motivated by Amnesty’s important work and buoyed by the support of many friends to tackle the mountain trek.  I must confess I did check the summit weather station temperature a few nights ago and saw it was mild minus 10 degrees!!!! ……..now where did I put those thermals!!!   

 I am less thrilled to say I recently endured 5…yes 5 at one time……. precautionary inoculations (Yellow fever, cholera etc etc), but, better be safe than sorry!!

 If you would still like to make a donation in lieu of the Rock & Roll night please visit my fundraising website to make a contribution http://amnestykilimanjaro2012.gofundraise.com.au/page/HardyM   (NB fundraising cut off date is 27 June 2012)

For more information on Amnesty’s important work view the Amnesty 50th anniversary video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX-WnlOCvXw    



Many thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment