Monday, 19 December 2011

225 days to go


In addition to walking around the local area, today I went to the Kokoda Memorial Trail (1000 steps) at the base of Mount Dandenong.  The 1000 steps path as the name suggests has lots of steps and is steep in parts and apparently 1.8 kms in length from the carpark to the top.   I had a training partner in the form of Liam back from ADF duties and happily setting the pace -one thing he may have forgot...make that two things - he is much younger than I and he also didn't have a laden backpack!!!  Nonetheless it was a pleasant weather day which was conducive to us completing two circuits up the 'steps' and return.   The exercise in every sense of the word was most beneficial to test out the equipment and I look forward to completing many more ' steps climbs' before the big one in August next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment